Sunday, March 6, 2011

Memories

Now I lay me down to sleep, but sleep won't come.  My daughter Denise will be gone 5 months this week and after saying my prayers I have a little conversation with her and say good night, then my brain goes on rewind or fast forward.   I start remembering how jubilant we felt after her radiation treatments were done and the MRI came back showing the tumor had shrunk 20%.  For three years all the MRI's came back no change.  Why couldn't it have stayed that way?  After that the tell tale signs, memory loss, inability to write or understand what she had written, loss of balance were some of the ways we knew the next MRI was not going to be good and she rapidly began to lose the battle.

Then I go on fast forward thinking up events and campaigns to bring about awareness and finding a cure and believe me my mind is going full speed ahead.  Our first event is Memorial Day weekend, what a perfect time to remember loved ones.

We are joining the National Grey Ribbon Crusade Walk by co-ordinating a walk in Pennsylvania.   To sign up go to http://walktoendbraintumors.org/   If you do not live in Pennsylvania check the link for a walk in your area.

Our race is scheduled for May 29th in North Park. We will start our 5k at Harmar Pavilion at 9:oo a.m (come early to register.  The price is $25 per person which will include a tee shirt.  A fun time will be had by all.  Come out and support a loved one, a friend or neighbor.

Thanks for being one of Denise's People.

No comments:

Post a Comment