Saturday, February 26, 2011

Taking a walk

What a week!  I am so excited.  ever since Denise passed I have been determined to make a difference to help bring about awareness and hopefully find a cure for Brain Tumors.  This week I was informed of an opportunity to do just that.  I learned May is Brain Tumor awareness month.  I also found out about the Grey Ribbon Crusade which holds a nationwide walkathon in May, recruiting interested volunteers to organize these walks in their state.  Hurrah! a chance to help and help I will.   Denise didn't call attention to her condition but  she walked and helped to organize fund raisers for other types of cancer.  How proud she would have been to be part of something like this. 
The place and time has already been established and I am working out the final details with the help of some wonderful people.  May is such a beautiful time of year for a walk. Stayed tuned for all the exciting details.

Thank You for being one of Denise's People and please don't be afraid to comment about what you have read or something you have experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment