Friday, March 11, 2011

Spring

Another day, another week, another month, time marches on even though I wish I could turn back time and still have my daughter Denise here.  Soon it will be spring, the time of the year that we both looked forward to.  The first warm sunny day and I would be out in the yard raking up the winter debris and checking to see what may have started to sprout thru the newly thawed ground.  After completion of my task and sitting down with a cup of coffee I would grab the phone and call Denise.  "Guess what I was doing all day?" I would ask, and after telling her she would say, "Get out!, that's what I was doing."  This was a common occurrence as we always seemed to be saying or doing the same thing at the same time.  It got to the point when we informed each other of what we had been doing the response became "Of course you did."  They say great minds think alike, but I think you could skip the great part and just say we seemed to be on the same wave length.
                                                                                                                                                                                                   
 My love of gardening was also one of her favorite things.  A couple of months before her passing she was sitting in the yard and decided she wanted to weed her flower garden.  The tumor at this point was affecting her balance and ability to walk without assistance, so with the help of her sister she scooted on her bottom along the lawn and happily did her weeding.  As I work in my garden this year she will be on my mind and even though she is not with me physically hopefully she will be there spiritually smiling with approval.

Spring is a time of awakening and growth.  It is the time of year when the flowers start pushing thru the ground, the grass turns green, the trees become lush with blossoms and the Robin returns to build its nest.  It is a time of life.   Please help to pass on the awareness of Brain Cancer so that the cause and cure for Brain Cancer can be found and people like my Denise will be alive to enjoy this wonderful time of the year.

Thank You for being one of Denise's People.

No comments:

Post a Comment