Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Regrets

Today is 6 months since my daughter passed and I still miss her so much.  I relive those last few months over and over and have so many question about so many things.  The last few weeks Denise was unable to carry a conversation.  How I missed having talks with her and still do today.   I wanted to know if she knew what was happening to her and how she felt.   I know she was frustrated with everyone helping her, you could see this in her eyes.  Denise was very particular about her home and was always trying to straighten pictures or cushions or whatever.  The problem was the tumor was now taking away her ability to walk on her own.  If she was not being watched she would attempt to do these things on her own which usually ended in a fall.  One day she had a very bad fall and I yelled at her for getting up without my help.  I was immediately sorry I yelled and explained to her that I couldn't stand to see her get hurt.  The fall resulted in some very bad bruises to her abdomen and I could see it also scared her.  I regret to this day yelling at her and hope she knows it was only because I was scared for her.  I wish I could have talked to her about what was happening to her but I always told her everything would be fine.  Maybe putting death into words would have made it too real and I didn't want to accept that.  I know she didn't want to die, but I pray God and his angels helped her accept the inevitable.
Please remember May is Brain Tumor awareness month.  Go to http://walktoendbraincancer.org/ and register to walk in your area. 
Thank you for being one of Denises People.

No comments:

Post a Comment