Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easter

Well it's almost Easter, the first without my baby girl.  Okay so she was 45. she was and still is my Baby Girl or Sweety DD.  Denise was the true chocoholic.  If it was made of or had chocolate in it you could bet she would eat it.  Chocolate Chip cookies, Brownies, DQ Chocolate Fudge Blizzards and most of all Reese Peanut Butter Cups were her favorites.  I would keep boxes of Peanut Butter Cups hidden in the freezer for her and she would check for them every time she came to visit.  I guess because chocolate was her favorite food she always gave it up for lent.  Needless to say she was always anxious for Easter and would indulge in her chocolate with a happy grin on her face (no one has a smile quite like her).  Not just Easter but every holiday I made sure she had some type of chocolate dessert.
How I'll miss her coming in the door on Sunday.  She always brought me tulips or Lilies although she knew it wasn't necessary.  I would plant them in the yard after Easter and still have some coming up each year.  This year I'll turn the tables and buy her some Lilies or Tulips and on Easter morning I will take them to the cemetery and tell her how much she is loved and missed.  Then I will go home and enjoy Easter dinner with my sons, daughter and grandchildren that I have been blessed with and try to ignore the ache in my heart for my  baby girl that is missing.

Don't forget about the walk to end brain tumors this May 29th.  Go to www.walktoendbraintumors.org to to register or just to donate.   You can also check to see if a walk is planned for your state.

Thank you for being one of Denise's People

No comments:

Post a Comment