Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Story Ends

If you have been following along or knew Denise you already know how this story ends. Denise was diagnosed with a Brain Tumor in December of 2005. This totally changed her life in many ways. Now began the numerous doctor appointments, the tests and finding the correct medications and treatments. Over the next almost 5 years she endured the radiation, chemo, constant needle injections, consumption of numerous medications morning, afternoon and night always with the hope of stopping the tumor. The radiation shrunk it for a few years but when it started growing again there was no stopping it. As it grew it slowly took away her ability to remember, write, read, walk and talk. Denise passed away one year ago today.

I have given you a brief summary of Denise's life to try to show you who she was. To me she was my precious child but she was also many things to many people. Her beautiful smile and infectious personality attracted people to her. But now on the anniversary of her passing it is time I let her rest in peace. A day will not pass when I won't think of her and miss her. I can not bring her back but hopefully I can make what she had to endure mean something with my Denise's People Foundation. Hopefully because of her I can help find a cause and cure for Brain tumors.  I know this is something she wanted to achieve.

God gives us each a gift of life to cherish from our birth.
He gives us friends and those we love to share our days on earth.
He watches us with loving care and takes up by the hand.
He blesses us with countless joys and guides the lives we've planned.
Then when our work on earth is done, He calls us to his side.
To live with Him in happiness where peace and love abide.
Our thoughts are ever with you, though you have passed away,
And those who loved you dearly, are thinking of you today.


 
You fought a courageous battle and I am very proud of you.
I will love you and miss you every day of my life.
Rest in peace my beautiful Sweety DeeDee.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. My heart and prayers are with you and all those who loved DeeDee. I know this is an especially difficult day. Be comforted knowing DeeDee could not have had a more loving and dedicated mom. And she knew it.

    Hana

    ReplyDelete