Monday, May 23, 2011

Merry Month of May

There is an old song that goes, "In the merry, merry month of May".  What makes May so merry?  Could it be the weather? No, not possible this year as it has rained just about every day.  Could it be because Mother's Day falls in May? No, not possible for me this year.  Mother's Day is a day to honor your mother, but I have two grandson's who couldn't do that this year.  Thinking of them and missing Denise broke my heart.  She always sent me two cards, one serious and one to make me laugh, but they were missing from my mailbox this year. Maybe it is the graduation, communion and confirmation parties that occur this month, but with Denise missing they were not so merry either.

But wait, the month isn't over yet and I know I will be merry on Sunday the 29th.  It is the first annual walk to end brain tumors being held in Denise's honor.  Organizing this event has given me the opportunity to meet some very wonderful people.  I have been contacted by people diagnosed with brain tumors and going through what Denise did.  I have spoken with people who have been diagnosed, had surgery and are now survivors.  Over 80 people have registered to walk so far, others have donated.  Many have offered advise, services, products or to assist in any way possible. All of these people are thrilled we are having this walk and bringing about awareness and raising funds to find a cure.  With so much support how could I not be merry. 

Denise wanted to help find a cure for Brain Cancer and I bet she will will leading the pack when the walk begins.

If you still would like to register go to http:walktoendbraincancer.org

Thank you for being one of Denise's People.

No comments:

Post a Comment